Saturday, May 19, 2007
Nothing much has happened lately that suffices for me to blog about. Apparently, my bio-clock is totally messed up from playing C & C 3 all those nights. Not too sure if i want to start on the Nod campaign particularly when there are a few administrative issues to be settled coupled with the fact that my exercise regime is getting nowhere. Oh yeah, before i continuing with my rambling, i would like thank everyone who got me the souvenir from taiwan. Despite the fact that the souvenir is as heavy as the box it came in haha, it's kind of neat in the sense that given its simplicity, it is in its, essence a demonstration of the laws of physics. I really appreciate it, literally and in the figurative sense as well.
Think i might want to re-read the picture of dorian gray. I cannot quite pin down the exact cause (i guess it's partly being sentimental and complacent as well), but it seems that i'm in the retro-mood. Listening songs which i used to hear, playing songs i used to play (on the guitar), and (wanting to) read books which i used to read. Well, i guess one can say i'm perpetually stuck is the 80's so here's the lyrics to Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting.
Oceans apart, day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesnt stop the pain
If I see you next to never
How can we say forever
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you
I took for granted, all the times
That I thought would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I cant get near you now
Oh, cant you see it baby
Youve got me going crazy
I wonder how we can survive
This romance
But in the end if Im with you
Ill take the chance
Oh, cant you see it baby
Youve got me going crazy
I used to firmly believe in the lyrics of this song. Of course that was when i was much younger. Now that i'm a little older, and having experinced my fair share of the actual state of affairs (borrowing the phrase from quantum mechanics), i guess there's little truth in the preceding lines. Nevertheless (or rather ironically) i'm still waiting. As aptly put across by Dorian Gray (he's not real): acquaintances are one's best friends.
2:58 AM
__________